EDF focuses on what matters most to drive the biggest change possible in the shortest amount of time.
Our goals: Stabilize the climate and strengthen people’s ability to thrive.
Our focus: The places around the world where we can make the most difference.
Our aim: A vital Earth. For everyone.
By 2030 we aim to:
- Slow global warming by cutting methane pollution 40%-45% from big global sources, including oil and gas and livestock.
- Slash carbon dioxide pollution by making 80% of the CO2 cuts the world needs to limit climate change’s worst impacts.
- Make sure hydrogen is a safe alternative fuel by creating guardrails for using it, benefiting the climate and communities.
- Help the land and oceans feed us, so 2.5 billion people benefit from climate-resilient, equitable food systems globally.
- Build resilient water supplies, so over 40 million people in the Western U.S. have sustainable access to clean water.
- Drive down air and climate pollution, so 1 billion people in some of the world’s most polluted cities breathe cleaner air.
- Move the world toward safer chemicals, reducing people’s exposure to the highest-risk chemicals by 30% in the U.S.